Let's Talk About Sex, Baby! Let's Talk About You And Me!



According to The Journal of Sex Research and Psychological Bulletin, women who read romance novels or erotica enjoy 74% more sex with their partners than women who don't. It turns out that women are fantastic at fantasizing, and suggestive reading material helps them to do so more intensely and more realistically. The report goes on to say that these woman not only have more sex, but they have better sex that includes playful and experimental behavior (such as playing naked tag when the kids aren't home…not that I've ever done anything like that, mind you…I was merely offering an example).

So what do you think? Do romance readers enjoy more sex? Are romance readers more playful, more willing to experiment? Are they better fantasizers (is that even a word)? How does your sex life compare to your best friend's, your mother's, your sister's? Do you ever talk to your friends about sex, or is it kept closed up behind the bedroom door?  

Feel free to leave an anonymous comment. *grin*

5 comments:

Gaele said...

I think there are options and possibilities to explore - but I think people need to take great care to not think somehow magically their mate will become that alpha-hero with wine and flowers.

But - I will admit it does add some interest to the mix. And ask any of the nurses in Casualty and they will tell you that 50 Shades has significantly improved the "ooh what I saw last night" stories :)

Julie said...

Let me just say I don't think my hubby realizes the benefits in gets from my favorite genre of book. ;)

Anne Conley said...

My sex life has always been pretty okay, but I gotta say that since I've started writing romances (The last three years or so) my husband has definitely noticed a difference in the quality of the sex. That's all I'm going to say...

Vicki said...

Does this mean women who read crime novels are more likely to attack their partners? ;P

Donna Fasano said...

Vicki, I'll have to see if there's any research on that. LOL I could see a woman trying to use that as an excuse..."Judge, I was reading a great murder mystery..."