Good, Old-Fashioned Cookies! #Christmas #Recipes @DonnaFaz

I'm baking and my house is filled with the warm, buttery aromas only cookies can offer. Below are three of my favorite holiday recipes, but first I'd like to share some of my favorite baking equipment. I couldn't live without my air bake cookie sheets. Since buying mine, I haven't over-baked a single batch of cookies. I also love my cookie scoop; it makes each dough portion exactly the same (although, I believe mine is larger than the one I've linked to). And cooking spray is no longer needed in my kitchen ever since my son gave me 2 Silpats; nothing sticks to these babies, and that makes clean up easy. When my Silpats don't fit, I reach for the parchment paper. Okay, on to the recipes!  

Southern Sour Cream Cookies

1 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ cups shortening
3 eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons salt
5 cups all purpose flour
colored sugar crystals

Cream together the sugar and the shortening until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and stir thoroughly after each addition. Add vanilla the vanilla, sour cream, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Add flour and stir just until flour is incorporated. Drop heaping teaspoons of dough about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet lined with Silpat or parchment paper. Decorate with colored sugar crystals. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Cookies should be light in color…not golden brown. These are delicate and delicious cookies that go perfect with tea or coffee.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip (rear) & Oatmeal Coconut

1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup vegetable shortening
2 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

Cream together the sugars, the butter and the shortening until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets lined with Silpat or parchment paper. Bake in a 375 degree oven until light brown, 10-12 minutes.

Note: The spatula pictured to the left belonged to my grandmother. She told me she used it when she "went to housekeeping." She gave it to me when I got married. I feel like she's with me every time I use it.   ♥  I love nice memories.

Oatmeal Coconut Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup (packed) flaked coconut

Cream the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and the vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients. Lastly, add raisins, oatmeal, and coconut. Stir until combined. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with Silpat or parchment paper. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.

Here's wishing you a very happy holiday filled with
 love and laughter, friends and family, peace and joy.


1 comment:

Tammy Theriault said...

can i just come over and eat yours??? yum-a-yum