Many of you know I run a blog called Awesome Romance Novels. All too often as I write up the posts for the books I promote, I'm surprised to see that authors have not created an Author Page on Amazon. Why, oh, why do authors not take advantage of this wonderful marketing tool?
I won’t lecture you about the many reasons you should climb up onto this
FREE soapbox that Amazon offers, but I will recommend that you do it. And I’ll even give you a quick how-to:
2. Once your account is created, claim your books.
3. Upload a photo of yourself. Readers love to actually see you!
4. Write an active bio which includes accolades, awards, and social media information.
5. Use Author Central to update the product descriptions of your books.
6. Check your Author Ranking. It’s a really cool feature.
For more information on Author Central and the importance of this platform, see Jackie Weger’s post on Novel Authors At Work. Also, check out what Amazon has to say about all that Author Central has to offer.
Now go do it. Do it now!
Do you have a Self-Publishing 101 tip to offer? Please share your knowledge in the comment section.