Facebook Offers Authors A Call To Action Button #eNovAaW

Lately, Facebook hasn’t done much to enamor me as a user. However, they are offering authors a new feature on author fan pages that I think is fabulous and I couldn’t wait to tell everyone about it. It’s a Call To Action (CTA) button. It’s easy to set up, easy for visitors to use, and a great thing about the button is that Facebook tracks how many CTA clicks your button receives. So, quick! Go to your Facebook fan page and set up your CTA button right now.

To set up the button, simply click it (marked on the image below with red arrow #1) and choose which action you want your visitors to take. Your choices include Shop Now, Book Now, Contact Us, Sign Up, etc. I have used Shop Now and I connected visitors to the Buy My Books page on my blog. But you could just as easily use the Sign Up button as a way to build your newsletter mailing list. Now that I'm thinking about it, I may edit my CTA button from time to time to see which CTA gets the most attention from page visitors.

To find out how many CTA clicks your button has received, simply look on the right hand side of your author page (marked on the image below with red arrow #2).

As annoyed as I have been with Facebook recently, I have to give the company a standing ovation for this new feature.

How do you think the new CTA button should be used? Share your ideas in the comment section. All opinions and ideas welcome!

Set up your CALL TO ACTION button. It's easy...and it's FABULOUS!



31 comments:

Julie Frayn said...

Apparently this feature is being rolled out in bits, so not everyone (including me) have this yet. Dang it all anyway! But thanks for the heads up. I'll keep watching for it to pop up on my page!
Julie Frayn
Mazie Baby

Joanne Stewart said...

Thanks so much for explaining this, Donna. I saw this, but hadn't a clue. Was really easy to set up. Neat. Thanks. :)

Unknown said...

Sounds great Donna! Not surprised you probably found this first!!
Uh - what is a fan page? Is that my author page, or do I have to recruit fans to sign another page?

Donna Fasano said...

Patrice, yes...your Facebook Author Page is a Fan Page.

Donna Fasano
Author of Following His Heart
Join my Street Team: Prima Donnas

Toni Anderson said...

I don't see it but thanks for explaining it anyway!!!

Kristie Leigh Maguire - Indie Author said...

I don't see this feature on my author page but I'll keep watching for it. Thanks for the tip, Donna!

Anne R. Allen said...

Thanks much for the heads-up, Donna. I'll check it out. It will be interesting to see if it increases sales and sign-ups.

Margaret Hughes said...

Thanks for the heads up! I added a store tab to my page, but I love this button and will be on the lookout for it!

Beth said...

Great to know about this. Thank you! I wonder if it can be used to send them directly to our Amazon author page?

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Lee Williams said...

I haven't seen the button yet either, but will keep my eyes peeled. Thanks for the heads-up, Donna!

Donna Fasano said...

Yes, Beth, you can send visitors directly to your Amazon Author Page. YOU choose the destination of the Call To Action button.

Donna Fasano
Author of Following His Heart
Join my Street Team: Prima Donnas

Ryan Petty said...

You inspire me to set up an author page (finally).
Thanks!

Beth said...

It worked! I just linked mine to my Amazon author page since I write women's fiction and contemporary romance, as well as children's picture books. Thanks again for the great tip! I'll share it on my FB page so other authors will know.

jill shalvis said...

Thanks so much!!

Judy Penz Sheluk said...

Sounds great, but that option isn't available to me yet.

Mary Smith said...

Maybe this will push into creating an author page. I've dithered about it for years and had finally decided I wasn't going to do it, esp when there was all the talk of FB charging authors for their pages, but maybe I should.

Unknown said...

That's a terrific thing to have. Thanks for letting us know, Donna.

Like you, I'd swap it around every now and then. Should be interesting, but I bet FB will find a way to charge for it. They'll probably get everyone excited about it then take it away unless we pay up,lol.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much! I just set mine up. Great info!

Unknown said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this!

Jackie Wegr said...

I am waiting the the CTA button to show up on my page.I will dang sure make it
operational when it hits. Thanks, Donna. You are always a head of the curve.

Jackie Weger
No Perfect Secret

Dotti said...

I found the CTA button under "Build An Audience" but it's like an ad and they want me to pay.

Rich Amooi said...

How cool! I'll check it out.

Thanks so much. :)

Rich

Abby L. Vandiver said...

Hi Donna, first time I've visited your blog! It's very nice and informative. I love that you shared this info. I set my author page up incorrectly, but will share this with others. I'll be back to visit.

Katy Walters said...

Looks great. Thank you. Best Katy Walters

Effrosyni Moschoudi said...

That's an awesome tip, Donna! I'll reblog this so that my friends and followers can benefit too! You're a darling to share this, thank you so much :)

Unknown said...

Great tip, Donna! Waiting for mine to arrive. Let's hope everyone gets one :)

Ronda Del Boccio said...

It's also for other "business" pages, so watch for it all over FB. And yes, it's not yet available on all pages.

My book Page Hillbilly Daze has the "shop now" button, and I lead it to my Amazon author page. My Ronda Del Boccio, Author & Speaker Page doesn't have it yet.

Dr. Mary Kennedy said...

I should probably get an author page, I've been on the fence about it, but I think this has nudged me in the right direction. Thanks so much for posting this, love your blog!

Michelle Stimpson said...

Thank you!!!

Ey Wade said...

Thanks so much. Did it.