First, some fun facts:
· An average mosquito weighs in at around 2.5 milligrams.
· Mosquitoes hunt for food by sight, using infra-red radiation emitted by warm bodies, and by chemical signals. The pesky insects are attracted to carbon dioxide, lactic acid, and other chemicals. Mosquitoes can sense their prey at distances of 25-35 meters.
· Mosquitoes can fly up to 1.5 miles an hour.
· Salt marsh mosquitoes can migrate 40 miles for a meal.
· One study showed movement increased mosquito bites by up to 50%.
· Another study showed a full moon increases mosquito activity by 500%.
· And the most fun fact—smelly feet are attractive to certain species of mosquitoes, so scrub those toes!
Here are some plants that naturally repel those pesky Mosquitoes: