There’s nothing more refreshing as a summer dessert than the combination of lemon and blueberry. This dessert is so easy, you won’t believe it. It’s so delicious, your family and friends will ask you to make it, again and again.
I used a 7 inch by 11 inch clear glass dish in which to assemble my dessert because the graham crackers fit very nicely in the bottom. If you don’t have a dish this size, simply use whatever you have, snapping the graham crackers into pieces that will fit into the bottom for the “crust.”
Summery Lemon Blueberry Dessert
2 boxes (2.9 oz) lemon “cook and serve” pudding
2/3 cup sugar
4 egg yolks
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (optional)
4 cups water (divided)
1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip, thawed
10 graham crackers
1 pint fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
1. In a saucepan, stir together the dry lemon pudding mix, sugar, egg yolks, lemon peel, and 1/2 cup water until smooth. Make sure all of the pudding mix is well-incorporated. Add the additional 3 1/2 cups water and stir to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until pudding comes to a boil and thickens. Set aside to cool.
2. Add Cool Whip to the cooled pudding mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
3. Assemble your dessert: Line the bottom of a 7 inch x 11 inch oblong dish with 4 graham crackers. Top with half of the pudding, smoothing into an even layer. Top pudding with half of the blueberries. Add 4 more graham crackers, pressing down a bit so the crackers are in contact with the pudding. Layer on the remaining pudding and spread into an even layer. Top with remaining blueberries. Place remaining 2 graham crackers into a plastic baggie and crush into crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over the top of the pudding.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to give the “crust” time to soften.
5. To serve, cut chilled dessert into squares. Serves 8.