Price Experiment--Final Results

It is early (9 AM) on June 29th as I write this. As many of you know, I have 4 books available for sale on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords (which sells to Sony, Apple, Kobo, Diesel and other retail outlets). So far this month I have sold over 6,000 books in Amazon's Kindle store alone. I have also received my first check from Create Space (Amazon's POD service) for the sale of paperbacks. Granted, it was a small check, but I have high hopes of things to come. *bright, beaming smile*

I believe I have found the perfect price point for my books. Priced at 99 cents, the books are a good value for my readers and they're profitable for me. It's taken me months of fiddling with pricing to finally arrive at this conclusion. But the fact that I've had all the control (over the product, the packaging, the marketing, the pricing, etc) has been freeing and fun.

So I think this will be the end of experimenting for me. At least for the time being. I hope these blog posts have been helpful to those authors who are selling their own work, whether that work has been previously traditionally published or original fiction.

Oh, I'd love for everyone to stop by Fiction for Dessert where Karen Cantwell is featuring my book, Return of the Runaway Bride.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, you rock! But we already knew that. :)

Denise Z said...

As a reader with a very limited budget, I can only send heartfelt thanks to you and the other indie authors who have offered their work at such an amazingly affordable prices. It certainly does not lessen the value of the work and definitely allows for us to be able to read books we might not otherwise have picked up for one reason or another. After all if I can get ten good indie books or one good book for 9.99, which do you think I am going to choose. Thanks for your efforts and sharing - you are appreciated!

Donna Fasano said...

Many thanks to both of you!

Denise, I know exactly what you mean. I have found many new-to-me authors by buying indie authors. Lots of them have helped me along while I've been learning the indie ropes. I'm proud to call them colleagues and friends.

Thank you so much for your support.