I've had a chance to look through the cookbook (you know how I love those things) and I have to say that the recipes look wonderful. I'll be trying a few of them in the days to come.
The book is offered in a variety of formats, so pop over the All Romance Ebooks and download a copy today!
After The Lovin' Lemon Bars
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Powdered (confectioners) sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the flour, butter and powdered sugar. Press mixture into the bottom of an ungreased square 8" X 8" pan, building up 1/2-inch edges (to hold in the filling). Bake the crust for 20 minutes.
3. Beat the remaining ingredients until light and fluffy. Pour lemon filling over hot crust and bake approximately 25 minutes, or until no indentation remains when lightly touched in the center. Cool and cut into squares. Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar. Enjoy these lusciously sweet lemon bars after the lovin'!