The Next Big Thing



I get to be Queen For A Day as I talk about The Next Big Thing. I’ve been tagged by fellow author Susanne O'Leary who writes terrific women's fiction. I’m supposed to tell you about my next book by answering the following questions, and then I have tagged five other authors who will tell you about their Next Big Thing. Let's get started!

What is the working title of your next book?

The Single Daddy Club: Derrick

Where did the idea come from for the book?

Many of my readers already know that I wrote for Harlequin Books for 20 years as Donna Clayton. I acquired the publication rights to 11 of my backlist titles and have been working hard to get them up for sale in the Amazon Kindle Store, B&N's Nook Book Store, the Kobo Store and in iTune's iBook Store. Some of them are available in paperback, and some are available in various formats at Smashwords. 

The Single Daddy Club is a series of 3 books…Derrick's story is the first of the series...and these are my final 3 backlist titles.

What genre does your book fall under?

Sweet Romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Josh Duhamel (yum) and Jennifer Garner

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

When Derrick Richmond suddenly finds himself the guardian of his 5-yr-old godson, he turns to the child's kindergarten teacher, Anna Maxwell, for some desperately needed daddy lessons.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Although I have a literary agent, I will be self-publishing this book because it was already published by a New York City publisher. I've updated the book and feel it has a new, fresh feel to it. I have connected with so many wonderful readers since I've become an Indie Author.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Four months

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Yours And Mine by Debbie Macomber
Heartfire by Karen Rose Smith
Maid for the Single Dad by Susan Meier
Single Dad by Jennifer Greene
Doctoring and the Single Dad by Marie Farrarella

Who or What inspired you to write this book?

I love romance novels about new parents who are thrust into the job, completely bowled over by this new experience. They fret and worry about their ability to care for their children, but in the end…love always conquers all. And of course, they always find their happily-ever-after mate. That's just how romance novels work.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

I love that this book is the first of a three book series. The other titles in the series will be:
The Single Daddy Club: Jason
The Single Daddy Club: Reece
I hope to have all three books available before Christmas. This will make a great holiday gift for the romance reader in YOUR life!

Here are some lovely authors I’ve tagged to tell you about what they're working on. Look for their posts and consider trying...their Next Big Thing!





5 comments:

Joan Reeves said...

Loved reading your responses, Donna. Are you mailing me the tiara so I can wear it next week? *G*

Best wishes,
Joan Reeves

Donna Fasano said...

Joan, a wonderful friend from Canada bought that for me when I made the Kindle Top 100 list. I often put it on and wear it around the house. *laughing* When my husband arrives home from work and sees me wearing it, he knows he's in trouble.

Liz Flaherty said...

I really like that tiara, and it's always interesting reading about the Indie experience.

christina said...

Love the Tiara. I might need to borrow it sometime.

Donna Fasano said...

I love my tiara too! I sometimes clean the house in it. :)