Happy Thanksgiving! I wish you a day filled with family, fun, and feasting. Here's a nice pie recipe to help you celebrate this Thanksgiving.
Pumpkin Streusel Pie
1 – deep dish pie shell, unbaked
For the pie filling:
1 16 oz can pumpkin puree
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
pinch of ground cloves
½ teaspoon salt
For the streusel topping:
½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
½ cup flour
¼ cup butter, chilled and cubed
⅓ cup chopped pecans
· Pre-heat oven to 400º.
· Mix together the pie filling ingredients until well incorporated. Pour filling into unbaked pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes.
· As the pie bakes, make the streusel topping by stirring together the brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter (or use a large fork). Stir in the nuts. The streusel topping should be about the size of small peas.
· Lower oven temperature to 350º. Bake pie for another 25 minutes.
· Remove pie from oven and distribute the streusel topping evenly over the pie. Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes. Topping should be golden brown and filling should be set.
· Serve with whipped cream.