Top 10 Incredibly Romantic Quotes @DonnaFaz

ro-mance

noun –
1.    a feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love.
2.     a quality or feeling of mystery, excitement, or remoteness from every day life.

verb –
1.     court; woo.
2.     another term for romanticize.


Most women crave it. Most men are either scared of it or think it's a waste of time. That's why women turn, again and again, to romance novels. Love stories satisfy that need for excitement and mystery. 

I've searched out some entertaining quotes about romance. Enjoy!

"I love your feet because they have wandered over the earth and through the wind and water until they brought you to me." ~Pablo Neruda  (Sounds like Pablo might have had a bit of a foot fetish. Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, only with what you are expecting to give—which is everything." ~Katharine Hepburn (Ah, Ms Hepburn… beautiful and wise.)

"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. " ~Rita Rudner (I used this quote in The Merry-Go-Round.)

"We loved with a love that was more than love." ~Edgar Allan Poe's Annabell Lee (Okay, this is a tad cheesy and if my husband ever said this to me I would respond, "Huh?".)

"Love doesn't sit there like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all of the time, made new." ~Ursula K. Le Guin (This quote appealed to the cook in me, AND for the fact that it's true.)

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." ~Emily Brontë's Wuthering Heights (Ah, Heathcliff. *drool*)

"I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone." ~Unknown (That's not asking for too much, is it?)

"Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it." ~Swedish Proverb (Damn right!)

"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze." ~Elinor Glyn (THIS is what I try to capture in my romance novels.)

And lastly, although I am a romance author and I love happy endings, this quote touched my heart.

"True love stories never have endings." ~Richard Bach

Wishing you all the love your heart can old in 2014!

1 comment:

Jen the angel said...

Having the love of my life for over 33 years then losing him to death.. make me fee so much from all these quotes.. hugs n thanks for sharing them..