You don't have to spend a bunch of cash to show your Valentine how you feel. Here's a list of cheap…er, ah, inexpensive ideas that will have the love of your life smiling!
1. Start the day right. There's nothing like being surprised with breakfast in bed. It doesn't have to be elaborate: toast with butter and jam, fruit, yogurt, coffee, juice. Easy.
2. Write a poem from the heart. You don't have to be a Poet Laureate to jot down some words of love. Writing "from the heart" is what matters.
3. Make a card. Fold a piece of card stock in half and create your very own Valentine. If all else fails, you can depend on Hallmark.
4. Cook a meal. Guys, this is where you can shine. Ladies love it when their man dons an apron!
5. Go someplace special. I'm not talking about Paris or London. I'm talking about someplace that means something to the two of you, like the first place you met, or the spot where he proposed.
6. Slip into some culture. If your lover loves museums or art galleries or local theater or foreign films, do that.
7. Organize a Treasure Hunt. Post small clues around the house, each clue pointing to the next clue that ultimately points to the "treasure" which could be a bottle of bubble bath (found in or near the tub, of course), or a box of chocolates, or some other small gift.
The important thing is opening your heart and showing your lover exactly how you feel. That's what Valentine's Day is all about. I wish you and yours a very special day filled with love and memories!