It’s the 4th of July and everyone knows that includes getting together with friends and family for some outdoor grilling. Here’s a recipe that’s sure to please the whole crowd.
Sweet Balsamic Sirloin Steak
For the marinade:
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons canola oil
3 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
½ teaspoon dry red pepper flakes
2 pounds sirloin steak
Salt and fresh cracked Pepper to taste
1. Place the soy sauce, oil, sugar, vinegar, and pepper flakes in a large, re-sealable plastic bag and massage to combine well. Add the steak, seal, and marinate in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours, turning once or twice to distribute marinade evenly.
2. Pre-heat grill and coat the grate with a little oil to prevent sticking.
3. Remove steak from marinade, season with salt and pepper, and place on hot grill. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place the remaining marinade in a small sauce pan and simmer until reduced to about ½ cup. Watch carefully.
5. Turn steak and cook for an additional 4 minutes, or until desired doneness.
6. Remove from the grill, cover with aluminum foil, and allow steak to rest for 5 minutes.
7. Slice steak against the grain, ½ inch thick. Place slices on a platter and pour reduced marinade over top.
Have A Safe and Happy