Because several of my author friends have asked me how to set up an iBook promotional campaign, I’ve decided to offer step-by-step instructions here on my blog. It seems complicated, but it’s really very simple. Just follow the steps below.
To set up a promo campaign for one of your iBooks:
- Sign into itunesconnect.apple.com
- Click Manage Your Books
- Click on the book you want to offer for sale
- Click Rights and Pricing (top right corner)
(top right corner) Click Edit Existing Territories
- In the BASE CURRENCY box, choose your preferred currency - US authors choose USD (United States Dollar)
- In the SUGGESTED iBOOK PRICE box, type in the sale price (0.99 for example)
- In the PRICE EFFECTIVE DATE box, type in the date you want your sale to start
- In the PRICE END DATE box, type in the date you want your sale to end
- Click Select All (this will put the book on sale in all countries)
- At the bottom, click Continue (you'll be taken to a page where your sale price and dates will show)
- Slide to the bottom and click DONE (do not forget this IMPORTANT step!)
The book will automatically go back to its regular price after the PRICE END DATE.