Authors! Are Your Books Available in Audio?

I caught hold of the audio book coattails at the end of 2012. My first audio book, The Merry-Go-Round, came out around Christmas time. I've put out nine other audio books since then, and I'm now working on having the final three produced.  I used the Audiobook Creation Exchange (ACX) for every one of my books. ACX made it easy to search for the perfect narrator for each story. And Amazon offers customers Whispersync that allows them to switch between reading the Kindle book and listening to the professional narration from Audible. Fantastic!

Please be warned: the production of audio books is time consuming, but it's well worth the effort. I checked my sales this morning, and I'm happy to report that I've sold over 500 audio books in two months. And the audio market is exploding! Here's news from the ACX blog:

ACX Produces 10x More Audiobooks in 2012

If you haven’t heard the good news, let us be the first to tell you. A whopping ten times as many titles were produced via ACX in 2012 as in 2011! Audiobooks of all kinds are getting made via ACX and are available for sale on Audible, Amazon and iTunes.

If you were part of our great year, thanks! If you weren’t, now is the time to get in on the action. Are you an audiobook narrator/producer? Do you own the audio rights to a book (this could be you, authors, publishers, etc.)? Then check out our How It Works section, learn a bit more, and create an account!

Here’s to even MORE audiobooks in 2013!

~  ~  ~

So, authors, if you haven't ventured into the audio book market...what are you waiting for? Grab those coattails! You're in for a wild ride!

No comments: