Southwest Chicken Crock-Pot #Recipe

A friend gave me a recipe for the crock-pot meal that she claimed is easy and delicious. I made it last week and she is right. Easy. And. Delicious. Now that the weather is cooling off a bit, I love to use my crock-pot. Try this recipe and let me know what you think.

Easy Southwest Chicken

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 lb bag of frozen sweet corn
1 can petite diced fire-roasted tomatoes (do not drain)
1 jar salsa, choose your favorite heat level

Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock-pot and then layer on the other ingredients: beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa. For the salsa, I used a 17.6 ounce jar of Goya Pico de Gallo because that’s what I had in my pantry. Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 7 hours. When ready to serve, reach into the crock-pot with a pair of tongs and shred the chicken breasts.

Now, decide how you want to serve. Spoon this lusciousness over cooked rice, or wrap it in soft tortillas, or sprinkle on some shredded cheese and serve with crisp tortilla chips.

Serves 4 as a main course, 6-8 as an appetizer.

Easy and delicious! Enjoy!

Click here for more crock-pot, pressure cooker, and Instant Pot® recipes.




No comments: