Magic Custard Cake #Recipe

I hope you and yours are well! Are you going nuts with this quarantine thing? I am. I’ve been reading, writing, chatting with friends on the phone… and I even dragged out my sewing machine to try my hand at making face masks. (See my favorite in a photo below.) I’ve also been cooking and baking. I saw this “magic” cake online and thought I would try. I liked it. I hope you will, too.

Magic Custard Cake

Ingredients:
4 eggs (whites and yolks separated), room temp
1 tsp white vinegar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
8 Tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk, lukewarm
powdered sugar for dusting cake

Instructions:
      1.    Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Grease and Line 8 inch x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
      2.    Separate egg whites from egg yolks. Add the egg whites and the vinegar to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until stiff. Set aside.
      3.    In a medium sized bowl, beat the egg yolks & sugar until light (use a wire whisk or electric mixer, your choice). Add the salt, butter, and vanilla. Beat for two mins. Add the flour and mix it in until fully incorporated.
      4.    Slowly add milk and stir until everything is well mixed. Add the egg whites, a third at a time, gently folding in with a spatula. Repeat until all egg whites are folded into the batter.
      5.    Pour batter into baking dish and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until the top is lightly golden. Cake will have a little jiggle in it. Don’t over bake as over baked custard tastes eggy. Cool completely and dust with powdered sugar before serving. Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Keeps for up to three days.

      Here's my starfish face mask: 

What are YOU doing to fill your time during the quarantine?

Only 2 days left of my April Sale.
WILD HEARTS OF SUMMER is just 99 cents.
Available for Kindle - Nook - Kobo - iBooks
As an Amazon and Apple iBooks affiliate,
I receive a few pennies from buy links used on this page.



1 comment:

Sandy said...

Sounds delish!