Special Occasion Fruit Dip - Yummy!

This dip is sweet, gooey, and sticky. Perfect for those special summer occasions like picnics or lunch buffets. Kids love it! Serve with your favorite fresh fruit.

1 – 16 ounce container sour cream
1 – 8 ounce package cream cheese, 
      softened to room temperature
1 – 7 ounce jar marshmallow cream

1. In a large bowl, stir the softened cream cheese with fork until smooth.

2.  Mix in the marshmallow cream until well blended.

3. Add sour cream and stir until thoroughly blended.

4. Chill in refrigerator for several hours before serving. Dip will thicken up when chilled.

Enjoy!


3 comments:

?wazithinkin said...

This does sound good. But I would be accused of it not really being heart healthy. :( Just a bite or two would be okay, right?

Donna Fasano said...

I'm sure this recipe isn't heart healthy, as is. That's why I used "Special Occasion" in the title. You could try substituting fat free sour cream and low fat cream cheese. If you do, I'd like to know how it turns out.

?wazithinkin said...

Oh, that is a good idea. I am a slow learner. But I will tell you that when I compared low fat cream cheese with regular cream cheese that when they lowered the fat they increased the sodium. So which is the lesser evil? What I ended up using was a cream cheese and Greek yogurt mixture that was by the cream cheese in the dairy case. Its fat and sodium was lower and I didn't notice any great difference in the recipe I used it in so I think it might turn out to be a substitute that will I try again. :D