Introducing Author Carmen DeSousa #Mystery #Suspense @Author_Carmen


Today, I welcome my friend, author Carmen DeSousa, to my blog. Here's what she has to say about her newest release, Split Decisions:
~ ~ ~
As I was doing my final read-through of She Belongs to Me eighteen months ago, I realized I’d left several options open for a new story.
Like my real life, my female protagonist had many options to fail or succeed in her life. Every choice she made good and bad brought her to a crossroads. Some situations, of course, were out of her control, just as they are out of our control in real life. We don’t always see what awaits us on the other side of the door, and that can be scary or thrilling, happy or sad, wonderful or horrifying.
One of my favorite quotes to deal with all of these choices—good and bad—is…
“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much.” ~Mother Teresa
I liked the quote so much I used it in my newest novel, Split Decisions, as I discussed this very issue of the choices we make and the situations others thrust us into without our approval. As I considered my life, at all the horrible things that have happened to me, all the bad decisions I’ve made, I realized that if I hadn’t made every one of them, I wouldn’t be where I am today. And more importantly, I wouldn’t have ended up where I did twenty-three years ago, the year I met my husband. He is the reason I am alive and the reason I can write ‘happily ever afters’.
So remember, it doesn’t matter what door you decided to walk through, you can always make it the door to your dream. No matter if someone shoved you through it or if you opened it on your own volition, make that decision work for the good.
If my musings interest you, you will find all of these concepts in my stories. My first novel, She Belongs to Me, follows the life of a woman who has gone through many tragedies, but via one decision meets a man hell bent on saving her from them. She just has to learn to trust again and let her past and secrets go.
From there, all my novels have a slight connection to each other, so you can continue the journey and meet different protagonists with different issues and tragedies to overcome. Every story has a mystery, there’s always a gentle message, and above all, there’s always romance and suspense.
For more information on my stories, follow the links to your
favorite retailer:
Until next time, happy reading, friends!
Carmen DeSousa
I love talking about all things books, so please connect with me via one of the links below.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

THANKS for sharing.

ENJOY your week.


Stopping by from Carole's Books You Loved July Edition. I am in the list as #75.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Book Entry