Make Your Own Body Scrub #DIY #Beauty #AlternativeHeath

Exfoliating your skin with a salt or sugar scrub encourages new skin cells to regenerate and leaves you feeling smooth, refreshed, and rejuvenated. You'll be amazed by how your skin will glow!

I prefer salt scrubs, and I make my own. It's easy and inexpensive. Give it a try.


What you'll need:
  • 1/2 cup oil (sweet almond, grapeseed, coconut, or light olive oil)
  • 1 cup fine sea salt (don't use iodized table salt, it's too harsh -and if you have sensitive skin, substitute sugar for the salt)
  • 5-10 drops of essential oils (citrus oils are refreshing, lavender is relaxing, rosemary and peppermint are stimulating)

Put salt (or sugar) into a bowl. Add oil and stir until combined. Add essential oil and mix until fully incorporated.

Body scrubs make a great and inexpensive gift for friends, teachers, hostess gifts, etc. You can find fancy glass containers in any craft store, or simply buy small, inexpensive Mason jars.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've made my own sugar scrubs, and in fact, my son seemed to use them the most! I use either coconut or grapeseed oil, honey, and sugar. I don't usually have any essential oils around, so mine aren't as nice smelling, but they still work great. The honey is a natural anti-microbial.