Peanut Butter Cookies #Recipe - Happy Holidays from @DonnaFaz



Mmmmm. My house smells like warm cookies. Is there a better aroma than that at Christmas time? I just finished making Peanut Butter Crisscross Cookies. This recipe is easy enough to make with your children.

Peanut Butter Crisscross Cookies

½ cup peanut butter
½ cup vegetable shortening
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 375ยบ.

Mix together the peanut butter, shortening, white sugar, and brown sugar. Add the egg and stir until well incorporated. Add in the dry ingredients.

Roll dough into ¾ inch balls and place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Press a fork into each cookie, flattening slightly, to make a crisscross pattern.

Bake for approximately 9 minutes. Let cookies cool for a few minutes before removing them from the cookie sheet.

*****

Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies:

Make dough as above and roll into balls. Press thumb deeply into each cookie and bake for 9-10 minutes. Fill thumbprints with your favorite jam or jelly.

*****

Tomorrow, I plan to make Spritz Butter Cookies and Molasses Crinkles.

One of my Christmas guests is vegan, so I'll also make a vegan Chocolate Torte. I'm kind of excited to make this as it's a new-to-me recipe. Can't wait to taste it!

What desserts are you making this holiday?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made cranberry shortbread cookies today and tomorrow I'm making Rob's mom's toffee bar cookies.
Merry Christmas, Donna!
Terry