White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies #Recipe by @Donna_Fasano

Now that I’ve been fully vaccinated and life is opening up a bit, I was able to celebrate Mother’s Day in style. My son, his wife, and my granddaughter came for a 4-day visit. It was so nice to spend time with the ones I love. I baked White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies for the event. I had never baked these cookies before because white chocolate never appealed to me and macadamia nuts are so darned expensive. But I decided to give them a try and they were a bit hit. Here’s my recipe:

White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 11 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 12 ounces white chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cup macadamia nuts

(Note: coarsely chop 1 cup of the nuts and leave 1/2 cup whole)

Directions:

  1. Heat oven to 375° F. Cream the sugars, butter, and shortening together. Once they’re fully incorporated, mix in the eggs and the vanilla.
  2. Add flour, soda, salt. Stir to combine.
  3. Add white chocolate chips and nuts.
  4. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls (I use a cookie scoop) about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I use non-stick baking mats). Bake until light brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.
  5. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

This month I am offering a 2-book boxed set for just 99¢. You save $6 off the regular price of FALLING FOR A SINGLE MOM. But please take advantage of the offer soon as the book is only on sale through the end of May.




If you’re a mom, I hope you had a WONDERFUL Mother’s Day. If you have a mom, I hope you celebrated her! Please comment below to tell me how you celebrated the day. I love to hear from you! 


No comments: